KFHC operations remain open for our Members and Providers. However, our lobby is closed to visitors until further notice. When Members, Providers, Community Partners, Vendors and Community Members need to contact KFHC, please call us or your KFHC contact directly for the help you need. To speak to KFHC Member Services, our 24 Hour Advice Nurse Line or the KFHC Transportation Department, please call 661.632.1590 (in Bakersfield) or 800.391.2000 (outside of Bakersfield). Members can also log in to their Member Portal account by clicking “Member Portal” at www.kernfamilyhealthcare.com to use many helpful self-service tools available to them. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding! We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
A Message for our Providers
Kern Health Systems (KHS) has been closely following the developments of the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and has been working to develop a plan to address member and staff safety. Some immediate measures KHS is taking are the following:
- KHS staff will not be performing site visits to provider offices or hospitals, as well as limiting in-person meetings. KHS understands you are extremely busy with our members and prefer your focus be on patient care. If you are in need of anything KHS staff can provide, please do not hesitate to contact us via phone or email.
- KHS staff co-located in some of your facilities will be relocated to the corporate office. Non-essential contact with members and staff will be limited until further notice.
- Previous communication was sent regarding COVID-19 and as a reminder, prior authorization for screening, testing, or treating for COVID-19 IS NOT required.
- KHS is encouraging the use of telehealth where appropriate for the member’s condition.
- KHS is also allowing pharmacies to provide a 90 day supply of prescribed maintenance drugs.
- Home delivery of medications, where appropriate and available, is also encouraged.
KHS will continue to provide updates to you, our providers, as information and directives from our State Regulators is provided. We appreciate your cooperation and patience as we work together to keep our members' health a top priority and do our part to reduce the risk of spreading this virus.
KHS understands there are many media outlets reporting on the situation however, should you have any questions or need additional information, you are encouraged to contact our Provider Relations Department at 661.664.5000.
KHS will be available to assist in any issues that may arise and thank you for being in the front line and providing quality care for our members and community.
- DHCS Vaccine Hesitancy QI Postcard
- Asthma Management
- Breast Cancer and Cervical Cancer Screenings Postcard
- Child and Adult Immunizations
- Diabetes Management
- Health Equity Quality Postcard
- Hypertension Management
- Mental Health Postcard
- Prenatal and Postpartum Care Visits
- Telehealth Visit Postcard
- Well Child Visits and Immunizations
- COVID-19 Recommendations for Adolescent Visits