Participating providers use a list of preferred medications when they write prescriptions. This preferred list is the KFHC drug formulary.
Although a medication is available on the formulary, it does not guarantee the physician will prescribe it. There are some limitations that may apply to the listed medications, such as the reason your doctor prescribed the medication, your age or other medical conditions you may have.
Attention KHS providers: If the prescription is not on the KFHC formulary, you may submit a Prior Authorization Request Form. To download this document, click on the link below.
- 2021 KFHC drug formulary (pdf).
- Prescription Drug Prior Authorization Request Form (TAR) 61-211 (SB 282).
- Request for Addition or Deletion of a Drug to KHS Formulary.
Medi-Cal RX carve out information**
**Please note, DHCS has delayed the transition to Medi-Cal RX from January 1, 2021 to April 1, 2021
- Medi-Cal Rx Status Update June 2021
- Monthly Bulletin for June 2021
- Medi-Cal RX UAC Application Role May 2021
- UAC Registration Troubleshooting May 2021
- Medi-Cal Pharmacy Professional Dispensing Fee Provider Self-Attestation
- Medi-Cal Rx Transition and Resources Training April 2021
- Provider Registration and FAQs
- Medi-Cal Rx Monthly Bulletin for April 2021
- Medi-Cal Rx Portal Registration
- Pharmacy Provider Self-Attestation Period Begins April 2021
- Medi-Cal RX Pharmacy Provider and Prescriber Readiness Survey
- Pharmacy Service Representative (PSR) Prescriber Phone Campaign
- Medi-Cal RX Training Information
- Important Update on Medi-Cal RX - February 2021
- Provider Registration and Training FAQ's - February 2021
- Transition Pharmacy Cutoff Instructions - February 2021
- Provider Testing Notification - January 2021
- Medi-Cal RX Pharmacy Providers EFT Set Up and Opt Out - January 2021
- Urgent Provider Testing Notification Approved - January 2021
- Medi-Cal RX Options for PA Submission Guide - January 2021
- Changes to Pharmacy Provider Self-Attestation Process Coming in 2021
- Medi-Cal RX 90-Day Pharmacy Notice
- MCP Prescriber Registration and Training Message
- Registration Quick Start Job Aid
- Medi-Cal RX Training Information and Schedule
- Medi-Cal RX Support Services and Key Payer Sheet
- Medi-Cal RX NCPDP Standard Payer Sheet - Updated 10.22.2020
- Medi-Cal RX Prescribers Communication
- How to Access the Contract Drug List (CDL) from DHCS Medi-Cal Homepage
- Provider Bulletin
- Provider Bulletin (11.09.2020)
- Main DHCS Medi-Cal Rx page
- DHCS Rx Transition education and training site (Includes how to register and training videos)
- DHCS site- Pharmacy Provider Manual with the contract drug list (like a formulary--scroll down to see “Contract Drug List”)
- DHCS Rx Transition FAQ